What is spirituality?
It is a unique philosophy. It is a way of life. Just like Sanathana dharma is a way of life , modern spirituality enables people to search for answers on their own. People who want to seek meaning to their life and find its purpose try to walk on a path of positivity with a feeling of oneness with the universe. This feeling of oneness is what makes spirituality , spirituality. ( Spiritual-Refers to spirit ; often the inner self; feeling of inter connectedness with all the spirits ; in this context something metaphysical or rather psychological for one’s one comfort; also feeling of oneness with nature or universe )
Spirituality is neither Atheism nor theism. It is a process of seeking proofs , answers for believing that there’s only one supreme entity that binds everything in this magnificent multiverse. While religion can be your cultural identity , spirituality becomes your philosophy of life. For example , I was born in a Hindu household. Though I’m skeptic about certain customs and traditions ( which , of course , should’ve evolved with time) I respect the household traditions because it is my cultural identity. It is what defines me as an earthling. But , when it comes to my cosmic identity , to mark my position or existence in this endless space-time continuum , spirituality takes the supreme position.
Though there are many definitions for spirituality , in the end it is all about one’s journey with one’s inner self in merging with the ultimate cosmic flux , ie. what we term as the supreme consciousness.
Spirituality vs Skeptics
As I mentioned earlier , it is one’s own belief. There’s no hard and fast rule to follow this path of life. It is for our own comfort that we imbibe certain principles in life and try to strictly adhere to them. Some tenets or principles of spirituality may include :
- Meditation – Trying to connect to the inner and higher self ( Again , something metaphysical , but in this context refers to the merging of conscious and sub-conscious state of one’s mind).
Meditation is to attain inner peace ie, to avoid the conflicting nature of mind and heart and also to put an end to the rising nihilist forces inside. It is to control your mind , to put an end to desires by controlling your thoughts. Though there are many types of meditation like Zen , Transcendental , Kundalini , Heartfulness , Raja yoga etc , the ultimate purpose of meditation is to achieve inner peace and become a better person as time passes by.
- Treating every being with love: As reality gets more and more subtle , A spiritual person treats everyone with love , care , empathy etc. This is because one understands that we are all a big gigantic family on earth. We need to help each other to live in peace.
- Balancing different dimensions of existence: Spiritual people believe that their life exists on two dimensions ( not literally mistaken to be one of the 3 physical dimensions ; but rather like time which is counted as a fourth dimension). This is duality or dual nature of existence. We need to balance our life , feelings , emotions , thoughts etc on material and spiritual dimensions. Material dimension is something that we deal on day to day basis. It is what we do in real life , to survive in a society with positivity without harming anyone and by giving our two cents as human beings. Spiritual dimension is something that is personal , metaphysical again. It is firmly believing that the entire universe is in your mind. This will help us to achieve greater success in material life because everything starts with a thought. Heck , even the universe started with a thought. That is why we take thoughts seriously , as thoughts become actions and actions define us.
These are the basics of Spirituality in general terms and not strictly dictionary definition. It is solely from my perspective.
So , why do we need spirituality?
Sometimes , we might lose it. We might lose our temper and our ability to take things. We tend to become staunch Nihilists thinking that life is worthless , pointless and everything is just a waste of time. Spirituality gives you thousands of reasons to live. We end up in a mire of mediocrity sitting on the couch and sobbing about things that we always wanted to do. Spirituality puts you on a path that will make you realize your very purpose of existence as time passes by. That is why Buddha( Founder of Buddhism) did it , Vardhamana Mahavira did it ( Founder of Jain religion). We need to meditate , connect to our inner selves and find the meaning of our very existence. Regular meditation will help one achieve a control of thoughts in one’s mind.
Meditate and liberate from the chaos
Image courtesy: Google Images
With so many alien civilizations out there, why haven’t we found them, or why haven’t they found us? That is because of the obvious reason that we are a self-destructing race, where we don’t know how to live in peace and haven’t learnt to love our fellow humans in the first place.
I just want to remind you people that there’s very little time on earth left. By the time you realize and try to let your heart out, poof, everything will be gone, in a jiffy. Just like the burst of wind on a pile of leaves before the arrival of a storm.
So, I remind you humans of your privileges. You are stronger than you think, wiser than you are and have a purpose to live. That purpose is love. So , do justice to your time on this tiny planet and live whole heartedly without any regrets.
We need to focus on our mental, physical, material and spiritual evolution. Change will be observed soon only when we start working on ourselves and re-consider our position in this endless space-time grid. Do justice to your existence, for the glory of The Galactic Federation Of Light, of course!
Have you ever wondered what’d happen to you because of the high intensity of negative thoughts hitting your head? It could be any negative thought that either got triggered because of some provoking thing you saw or something new that activated a series of reactions in your brain.
So , why do we get these negative thoughts?
- It is common to get negative thoughts. This happens of daily basis as we encounter new things , new people , good/bad. It is our duty to duly brush them off as and when we get such thoughts.
- Our brain has the capacity to absorb anything and everything and then process it trying to analyze if it is good or bad. So , when you absorb something bad , just let it pass by. Don’t try hard or pressurize yourself. It’ll just go away.
- Our daily habits are also responsible for such negative thoughts. Try to change one thing at a time in your daily life so that you experience a good and positive life full of vibrancy around you.
- We also get such thoughts because we end up staying idle for a while. Idle mind is a devil’s workshop.
What is thought shifting?
- It involves distracting yourself in that moment that put you in disgust by giving you a negative thought.
- Thought shifting can be anything ranging from doing chores , helping in running errands , talking to friends/family members etc.
- It is same like taking bath. We take shower/bath because we need to get rid of those negative things that get accumulated on the skin. In a similar way , thoughts as such must be removed from the mind so that we evolve in a progressive manner.
How to go about it?
- Grab a book. Write down the intensity of thoughts. Write solutions to it accordingly that suits your thinking.
- Cultivate a hobby. Music,creative writing , reading healthy stuff , sketching , cooking , walking , socializing etc. This will keep you engaged and also give you little time to get negative thoughts.
- Meditation. Spend time with yourself to brush off those thoughts.
- Change your habits. If you are someone who constantly whines , talks about other people , concerned more about what others are doing , stop right there. Its okay to have done that. We’re all humans. But in retrospect to that , try to change that behavior. Cultivate the habit of thinking twice before you say. Saying anything/everything that comes to your mind will wreck your relationships with people.
- Remember , everyone is nice. It is your inability to resist BS. Work on this. Find life full of joy and pleasure.
- Avoid watching anything that invokes negativity. Watch / read healthy stuff.
- Assure yourself that it will just last a while and then if you could survive that bit , you’ll do amazing in life.
- Be tough. Life will beat you , throw you in dungeons , leave you deserted , but it is your ability to pick yourself up every time you fall down that matters the most. Keep walking ignoring all the negativity.
- Set goals , targets. Ruthlessly smash them.
- Avoid over-procrastination.
It is easy. One thing at a time. One habit at a time. Over days , weeks and months you’ll observe subtle changes in yourself. Go ahead , unleash the beast in you and be the best!
If you want to find peace in the world around you and want to make it a better place to live , first you need to find peace with in yourself. Connect yourself with the divine portal. Harness all the infinite energy that exists in the universe through your mind ; for it is the most complex energy transmission tower that the universe has ever seen. Channel all your thoughts for becoming one with the universal flux or the energy that binds everything in the multiverse.
This will not only make the world a better place to live in but also will open gates to endless possibilities of your mind which can do wonders.
Cultivate the habit of positive thinking no matter what. You could die right now and if you were sad then your existence would’ve been pointless. Instead take all the miseries as signs of good will from the supreme energy that is guiding you for a better future.
The day you’ll learn to control your mind completely and conquer your desires , will be the day when the mankind will see a ray of hope , a sign of evolution , a happy beginning of a millennial revolution that will take us further into future without wars and other negative elements that exist here. If the universe was created one a single thought , then surely one such powerful thought has the ability to end all the miseries on earth ; for thoughts become actions and actions become reality.
So , how to find peace within yourself irrespective whatever state you’re in?
- Be thankful to the supreme power that has bought you to existence here on earth. You’ve been sent here on a purpose. That purpose is hidden deep inside your mind. To find that , you need to connect to your inner self. With this , you will also find peace with in yourself because you’ll know the truth and stay happy by being aware of minute things around.
- Forgive yourself for all that you’ve done. Instead , get over it and start doing things in a better way than before. Think more , set targets , do whatever that keeps you happy but in doing good.
- Cultivate the habit of staying in eternal constant remembrance of that source that has bought you here on earth. With this habit , you’ll tend to make less mistakes and innovate more , for you’ll realize that you’re under scrutiny of the supreme entity.
- Try to make an impact wherever you go. This can range from being nice to everyone you meet , engaging in small-talk with the downtrodden that could actually make their day , helping someone without expectations and cultivating some strong habits that would actually motivate people around you to do better in life.
- Keep learning new things every day and learn from anything and everything around you. No one is perfect but one can master his/her mind by learning from the world around.
- Realize that reason for depression , anxiety and other psychological issues is having desires. Get rid of desires for once and all and see the beauty of the world. Desires can be anything that may be a hindrance to your evolution like dependencies – social media , greed for money and material things , alcohol-tobacco-drug addictions etc.
- Try to think of ways about how you can make this world a better place to live. Observe the world , find problems around and also try to find viable solutions for them.