Failure. Most of us whine on this single word. We don’t want to fail. We don’t want to try. Yet we want 100% positive results. And what happens next? Perpetual mediocrity. This is because a person doesn’t want to challenge his/her intellectual abilities , doesn’t want to push beyond his mental potential , doesn’t want to try new challenges , doesn’t want to abstain from those material desires that get us hooked on to abysmal things.
Why should we fail? What should we learn from the journey of failure?
- Failure is important to know how to not do things.
- It will strengthen the bond between your inner self(Soul) and your material self(Mind as a whole).
- What distinguishes us from the crowd is our ability to perceive failure. Failure indicates a new clear cut path way to higher states in life.
- If you fail right now and a few times later in a few days , you’ll learn that lesson for life time. You’ll never repeat it.
- One’s failure can be other man’s lesson. True , we should learn from other’s failure as well. This will help us know the uncertainty of future where we might certainly commit some worst mistakes ( like crimes …) due to peer pressure or being brain washed.
- It is okay to relapse on your streak of trying to not fail. This will teach you so many ways that could trigger failure which you can definitely avoid in future.
- Failure teaches you who your real friends are. The one’s who are with you in the times of distress are the one’s you need the most in life.
- It helps you know about your weakness , weak points and will help you work on it for better. For ex: I was addicted to so many things with out even realizing that I was addicted to them ( Like social media , Low self esteem ,junk food , hitting on every girl I meet etc..) I realized this was very harmful to my evolution and existence. I worked on these with some serious self-introspection. Here I am , clean from it.
- You’ll learn to forgive yourself for the mistakes you did in past. Each time you fail , you become a better person but only with self-introspection and some serious scrutiny of that very incident which led to failure ( in your terms of course ).
My message for this new year to whoever is reading this
- Have some serious higher goals in life. Don’t get stuck in mediocrity. Everyone is equally intelligent. We have all pretty much the same amount of neurons. The only place where we differ is the functional ability of those neural synapses ie; pathway of neural transmission. So , to strengthen it and get better at something , you need to work hard , practice more to not fail , fail , learn from it , get better , keep ruthlessly moving on etc.
- Take some viable resolutions. Work on them one thing at a time. Doing so many things at once will put our self esteem at stake.
- Read more , embrace the beauty of solitude and silence , do new things that you never did earlier ( like learn cooking , art , reading , instrument etc. everything is on the internet ).
- Procrastinate less. This is the biggest trigger factor for failure. Once the procrastinating vibes set in , it becomes hard for us to get up and move on. It is like falling down from a motorcycle at a high speed. After injury it takes a lot of time to get back to normal. So , avoid watching those gossipy videos , dark humor. Instead tune into something positive and productive like spirituality , nature , traveling , food , sketching , meditation , languages etc.
- Don’t stay idle. Idle mind is a devil’s workshop. An idle mind for few minutes is enough to destroy all your efforts. Keep your brain engaged in some activity or the other. Grab a book , contribute to your own poetry.
- Switch things during boredom. Switching is necessary.
- Listen to good music like instrumental , spiritual , motivational music genres. Avoid romance , metal , etc because they trigger emotions in us.
Have a great new year ahead. Hope every year you become more and more intellectual, smart , hardworking , positive and stay happy for the rest of your life.
If you want to learn meditation , here’s an opportunity to connect with one of the most renowned teachers of meditation Kamlesh D. Patel , known to us as our beloved Daaji.
Register yourself for the new year’s meditation workshop. Isn’t this an amazing way to start your new year? Go ahead , explore the universe in you and embrace its absolute rawness!